What to Read
- Chapter 9 of the Sommerville text and watch the video lecture. You can focus on 9.3.3, and I will try to fill in the rest with the recorded lecture
What to Submit
Upload a document to PioneerWeb that addresses the following questions:
- Explain what Sommerville means by a “bad smell” in code.
- Describe three “bad smells” that you regularly notice, referring to either the reading or to the smells mentioned in the lecture.
- Discuss some fixes for commonly occurring code smells
- Explain the function and process of refactoring and how it differs from debugging
- Describe three refactoring techniques that you regularly use.