How to Configure AWS Cloud 9 Billing Alerts
If you are concerned about being charged while using your Cloud 9 account, set up an alert to let you know when you are about to be billed. This should not happen during normal usage for this class, but it is not a bad idea to set up protection anyway.
- From your AWS login, search for “Billing”
- This brings you to the “Billing & Cost Management Dashboard”.
- Scroll down to the bottom on the page and look for “Alerts & Notifications”
- Click the link for “Create and Manage Your Budgets”
- Pick “Cost Budget” and click the button to “Set your budget”
- You will have to give it a name and select options. Unfortunately, it does not allow a budget of $0.00, but I did get it to accept $0.01!
- Set an alert on the next page. You can set it for a percentage of your budget so that you know when you are coming up on a potential charge. And then confirm your budget.
Trouble-Shooting Account Charges
From the AWS knowledge-center: How to find the account associated with an unknown charge