- Read: Dooley Ch 11 on Design Patterns
- Watch video lecture on design patterns (PioneerWeb) [slides only]
It’s Monday Meeting day!! This is entirely optional, but it is a good way to gather around as a group to discuss the up-coming week.
This week’s theme is the user interface and the database design. You inherited from the prior two teams an interface and a database design. Compare the existing code and database model to what your community partner’s current requirements. Do they fit? If not, what needs to change?
- Reading Journal 6 is due today
- Wikipedia (yes, Wikipedia) has a good page on Design Patterns.
- Design Patterns in Ruby by Russ Olsen is available on reserve in the Noyce Science Library (if you are on campus, you should be able to get access)