This is the last day that we will be focusing on learning the basics of Ruby on Rails programming and syntax. After this point, the major emphasis will be on the team project.
- Codeacademy’s article on Request-Response Cycle III (for form handling)
- Hartl Chapter 7, although you do not need to follow the steps in the tutorial unless you want to try your hand at creating a user sign up form for your website. Focus on how success and errors are handled between the input of data on the website and the database itself.
- Watch video lecture (in PioneerWeb) [slides]
- Today is our first “Monday Meeting”!! Come to MS Teams to talk about what your team should be focusing on as you work to understand your Project Requirements based on the prior team report and your conversation with your community partner.
- Work on your team project and homework assignments. I will be available in a Teams meeting if you have questions or want to chat.
- Today starts Sprint 1, and I have some ROUGH goals outlined for each sprint. However, these are just a guideline!!
- Homework 5 is due Today
- Do Homework 6: Add a Database
- Do Homework 7: Add a Form
- Work with your team on your team project.
- See Homework 7 for a list of additional, optional readings. Keep in mind that many Ruby on Rails websites were written for Rails 3, 4, or 5 and may use the old “form_for” syntax to create an HTML form. In Rails 5, you can use the deprecated syntax, but I think for Rails 6, you must use “form_with”.