- Martin Campbell-Kelly’s CACM article: The Rise, Fall, and Resurrection of Software as a Service. or try this alternative link instead.
- Richard Stallman’s Article: Who Does that Server Really Serve?
What to Turn In
Turn into PioneerWeb a document that answers the following questions:
- What is SaaSS and how does it differ from Software as a Service?
- Can you identify any Saas or SaaSS applications that you use?
- What are some of the factors that companies (and individuals) use in determining whether to use cloud-based computing vs. owning a copy of a program installed on an individual computer?
- What are some of the risks present in using these types of applications rather than running an executable program on your own computer?
- Can you analyze some of the mentioned SaaSS applications’ use of user data using the ACM Code of Ethics sections? Which sections do you think might apply?