- Review the PowerPoint slides for the Ethics Paper Details presentation and be sure to ask questions in class or in PioneerWeb
- Attend class (General channel link) so that you can work with one or more other students in refining your ethics paper thesis statement
- The ethics paper thesis statement is due tonight in PioneerWeb
Ethics Paper Thesis Statement
- Should be short, ideally a sentence or two
- Thesis statement should be specific and debatable
- Could somebody, using the same facts and framework as you are, reasonably argue for the opposite of your claim?
- Use the format: Stakeholders acted unethically by causing/not preventing harm to a group of people by their actions, according to sections x.x .. x.x of the ACM Code of Ethics.
- Before submitting your thesis statement: Pair up, share thesis statements and make sure that the answer to the above question is “No” … make improvements as needed
The views and opinions expressed on individual web pages are strictly those of their authors and are not official statements of Grinnell College.